[![Polaris Prize Founder Steve Jordan receiving the Unsung Hero Award at the 2017 CIMA Awards [Photo: David Leyes]](/content/images/2017/06/CIMA17-0431-300x200.jpg)](/content/images/2017/06/CIMA17-0431.jpg)Polaris Prize Founder Steve Jordan at the 2017 CIMA Awards [Photo: David Leyes]
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) has announced the recipients of and nominees for the fourth annual CIMA Celebration & Awards Gala.** **This year’s honourees will be recognized for their contributions to independent music during the gala on June 11, 2018, at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto. The event will be hosted by Grand Analog frontman, DJ, actor and CBC *After Dark* radio personality, Odario Williams. Special guest performers for the 2018 CIMA Celebration & Awards Gala will be announced in the coming weeks.“We are honoured to once again celebrate those who create, support and strengthen Canadian independent music,” says Stuart Johnston, president of CIMA. “We are pleased to recognize this year’s honourees for their outstanding contributions to the Canadian music industry.”
**2018 Award Honourees: **
- Builder Award: Jim West, Justin Time Records (Montreal) – Presented by Bell Media
- **Brian Chater Industry Award: **Sandy Pandya, Pandyamonium (Toronto) – *Presented by Merlin *
- **Entrepreneur Award: **Chris Taylor, eOne Music/Last Gang Records (Toronto) – *Presented by Gowling WLG *
- **Unsung Hero Award: **Dave Bookman, Indie88 (Toronto) – Presented by Slaight Music
2018 Marketing Award Nominees: *Presented by Select Distribution *
- **Arts & Crafts **for *Broken Social Scene’s Hug of Thunder *
- Cadence Music for *Headstone’s Little Army *
- Six Shooter Records for *Whitehorse’s Panther in the Dollhouse *
The Marketing Award honouree will be announced at the 2018 CIMA Celebration & Awards Gala on June 11.
For more information and/or to buy tickets for the awards gala, go to www.cimamusic.ca.