Until this Friday, Nov. 9, 2018, CIMA, through Music Export Canada, is accepting submissions for its 2019 Canadian Blast BBQ at Austin’s SXSW. This year’s mission will mark the 14th year that CIMA will be in attendance for this key showcase and business development opportunity at the most influential and largest music festival and conference in North America.
Now in its 33rd year, SXSW allows for unmatched networking opportunities, conference programming, and over 100 stages of music for showcasing bands and conference attendees. Check out some of the outcomes associated with our mission to SXSW in 2018 here.
CIMA's Canadian Blast BBQ will be taking place on March 13, 2019 and will be moving to a new venue – The Bungalow (on Main Street). This event, the kickoff for CIMA’s Canadian Blast mission at SXSW, is a high-profile event that draws hundreds of VIP international delegates, media and thousands of SXSW delegates.
The criteria is:
- Artist must be export-ready.
- Artist must have a business representative in attendance and they must register as a SXSW delegate as well as sign up to the Canadian Blast SXSW B2B initiative, free for selected band representatives (this includes speed-dating and networking events). [Please note: CIMA is able to offer a discounted SXSW badge rate to Canadian Blast participants. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information]
- Make sure you have applied directly with the festival itself to maximize your chances for both SXSW and Canadian Blast showcases. Only SXSW accepted acts will be eligible to be on the Canadian Blast showcase. The deadline for these submissions is October 25, 2018. BBQ selected acts will be reviewed by SXSW for final approval.
- The Canadian Blast BBQ showcase submission form is here
- Artist representative company should have the resources to able to follow-through on business opportunities resulting from the showcase (tours, gigs, etc.) in international territories.
- Artist representative company must agree to complete a post-event survey.
- Artist representative company must agree to continue to report back in future on successes resulting from B2B opportunities.
Those interested must complete the submission form prior to the end of day on Friday, November 9, 2018. As always, the final Canadian Blast line-up will be selected by CIMA’s external Talent Selection Committee.
Successful Canadian Blast applicants will be notified by late November.
The form can be found at: www.surveymonkey.com/r/SXSWBBQ2019