UPDATE: New Westminster Police have announced that they recovered five of the seven stolen instruments after raiding an unknown address in Surrey, BC. The two acoustic guitars that were stolen are still missing and police say the investigation is ongoing.
“The investigation is on-going, and NWPD officers continue to work toward identifying and arresting a suspect,” stated media relations officer Sergeant Jeff Scott. “This was a significant theft and we are hopeful that we will be able to recover the other two guitars. We will continue to follow-up with any leads as they come in.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the NWPD at 604-525-5411.
West Coast rock band 54.40 was robbed of their instruments from an 18-ft. U-Haul cube van parked in front of Queens Park Care Centre (315 McBride Blvd.) in New Westminster on the evening of Friday, Oct. 5. The theft occurred between midnight and 9:30 a.m. following preparations for shows at the Commodore Ballroom.
The band is asking anyone who witnessed suspicious activity or knows anything about the instruments to call:
Allen Moy, 54.40 management at 604-761-2025 and New Westminster Police Department, 604-525-5411, file number 18-19100.
The band is offering a $5,000 reward for the safe return of the equipment or information that leads to the safe return of the equipment.
The seven stringed instruments stolen are:
- 1957 Fender Esquire electric guitar, serial # 20378. Blonde, some wear and finish checking. Back slightly stained with red dye. weathered road case
- 1974 Fender Jazz Bass, serial #646897 (black w. white pickguard, maple neck. Black gator case.
- 1966 Fender Stratocaster, serial #119921 Sunburst, heavy wear. Re-issue tuners and bridge. Straps locks Installed. Routing under pickguard. weathered road case
- 1966 Gibson Trini Lopez Standard. #823870 Cherry, heavy wear. Replaced fretboard and tuners. Strap locks installed. Non-original Bigsby vibrato, previously drilled for a stop tailpiece. weathered road case
- 1954 Gibson Florentine Electric Mandolin.#2221 Very rare double cut-away, solid body. road case
- Gibson SJ200 acoustic guitar serial # 877023 with aftermarket Fishman soundhole pickup. Some finish checking. Poly acoustic case
- Gibson Dove acoustic guitar with aftermarket LR Baggs soundhole pickup. Average wear. Poly acoustic case
54.40 thanks the public in advance for any assistance solving this crime. The instruments are irreplaceable and hold great value to band members beyond their monetary worth.